Your Rights & Responsibilities
Your Rights as a Patient of The Cardiac Centre
We respect your right to:
- Personal dignity and to be treated with care and consideration
- Privacy and for communication and records to be treated confidentially
- A clear explanation by your cardiologist of your illness, procedure, treatment and risks involved so you can give informed consent
- To be educated about continuing health care following treatment
- Receive an explanation of possible costs involved in your treatment
- Refuse treatment at any time.
- Make a formal complaint if you are unhappy with your treatment at any time.
Your Responsibilities as a Patient of The Cardiac Centre
You have a responsibility to:
- Provide complete and accurate information about your current symptoms, medications, and past illnesses as requested by your cardiologist
- Indicate if you do not understand any aspects of your proposed treatment, expected outcomes, or risks involved.
- Follow recommendations and treatment plans made by your cardiologist
- Notify this office if you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment
- Bring with you a full list of current medications each time you attend for treatment
- Bring a referral from your GP, if required.